Repairing Kitchen Faucets Does Not Have to be Difficult
No matter which kitchen sinks you're looking at, there may come a time when you'll hear that annoying drip noise from your faucet – most likely during a key scene during a movie you're watching, causing you to miss an important plot twist! A leaky faucet is a very common problem in the kitchen, but luckily, it's also incredibly fixable. There is no need to call a plumber who will charge more than you were hoping. Here is a guide to help you replace your kitchen faucet.
- Shut off the water. The first thing you should do is turn off the water at the valves, usually located under the sink. After you do this, turn on the faucet to release any remaining water.
- Disconnect the water lines. These connect the pipe to the faucet.
- Remove the escutcheon and handles of the faucet. Once you remove these, you should be able to unscrew the actual faucet.
- Now it is time to install the brand-new faucet. How you go through the installation depends on the type of faucet you purchase. These types are usually either an op-mounted or bottom-mounted faucet.
- Reconnect the supply lines. If you are using unused supply lines, disconnect the old supply lines from the shutoff valve in order to use the fresh ones.
- Turn the water back on.
It's really that easy. Never spend money to have your kitchen faucet replaced by a plumber again. And if you're looking for replacements, ExpressDecor.com stocks a variety of kitchen faucets to choose from. We carry kitchen sinks and faucets from the best manufacturers in the industry. Shop Express Decor for all of your kitchen and bathroom needs!